The Pre-Election Political Objectives for the SOS Ballarat Campaign
What do we want?
The SOS Agenda between now and the election:
Our aim is to get commitments from all political parties prior to the election that aligns with community priorities. It is time they listened to the people, not just those with vested interests.
We want the contract with the developer renegotiated, not ripped up:
- The sale of land and the historic Goods Shed should not proceed.
- The proposed apartments should be built on another site entirely.
- The developer needs to complete the already started multi-level car park and to create another 500+ car park spaces.
- The developer is the only one in a position to speedily do the urgent works to make the Goods Shed structurally sound, environmentally safe and water-tight.
- Plan and fund the Precinct to fulfil its purpose of being a 21st Century transport hub (albeit, in a unique heritage setting).
- Design and delivery of local and regional bus interchanges within the site.
- Making all new and existing facilities accessible to people of all abilities.
- A traffic management plan and works that minimise risks and limits impacts on nearby residents are essential.