Help Save Our Station Precinct
Our campaign is about getting the very best outcome for our community and its rail commuter needs into the long-term future.
What do we want to achieve?
- a 21st century all-abilities accessible transport hub, with adequate parking for the long term future.
- the station precinct redevelopment contract with the developer be renegotiated, not ripped up.
- the sale of land and the historic Goods Shed must not proceed.
- the proposed apartments must be built on another site entirely.
- the developer needs to complete the already-started multi-level car park and to create another 500+ car park spaces at ground level.
- the developer is the only one in a position to expedite the urgent works necessary to make the Goods Shed structurally sound, environmentally safe and watertight.
- the rail station facilities be restored and upgraded;
- the north and south rail platforms be linked via an under rail line pathway with lifts.